ATO Important Dates August 2021
As per ATO Dates – August 2021
The following are the important ATO dates for this month.
- Lodge PAYG withholding payment summary annual report for:
- large withholders whose annual withholding is greater than $1 million
- payers who have no tax agent or BAS agent involved in preparing the report.
- Lodge and pay July 2021 monthly business activity statement.
- Lodge and pay quarter 4, 2020–21 activity statement if you lodge electronically.
- Lodge and pay quarter 4, 2020–21 Superannuation guarantee charge statement – quarterly if the employer did not pay enough contributions on time.
Employers who lodge a Superannuation guarantee charge statement – quarterly can choose to offset contributions they paid late to a fund against their super guarantee charge for the quarter. They still have to pay the remaining super guarantee charge.
Note: The super guarantee charge is not tax deductible.
Use our Super guarantee charge statement and calculator tool to work out the super guarantee charge and prepare the Superannuation guarantee charge statement – quarterly.
- Lodge Taxable payments annual report (TPAR).
The TPAR tells us about payments that are made to contractors for providing services. Some government entities also need to report the grants they have paid in a TPAR.
Important: The information contained in this post / article is not advice. Readers should not act solely on the basis of material contained in this post. Items herein are general comments only and do not constitute or convey advice per se. We recommend that our formal advice be sought before acting on anything contained in this post.