ATO Important Dates May 2022
As per ATO Dates –May 2022
The following are the important ATO dates for this month.
- Lodge 2021 tax returns for all entities that did not have to lodge earlier (including all remaining consolidated groups), and are not eligible for the 5 June concession.
Due date for companies and super funds to pay if required.
Note: Individuals and trusts in this category pay as advised on their notice of assessment.
- Lodge and pay April 2022 monthly business activity statement.
- Final date to add new FBT clients to your client list to ensure they receive the lodgment and payment concessions for their fringe benefits tax returns.
Lodge and pay Fringe benefits tax annual return if lodging by paper.
- Superannuation guarantee charge statement – quarterly (NAT 9599) by 28 May 2022.Note: The super guarantee charge is not tax deductible.
- Lodge and pay eligible quarter 3, 2021–22 activity statements if you or your client have elected to receive and lodge electronically.
- Lodge and pay quarter 3, 2021–22 Superannuation guarantee charge statement – quarterly (NAT 9599) if the employer did not pay enough contributions on time.
Employers who lodge a Superannuation guarantee charge statement – quarterly can choose to offset contributions they paid late to a fund against their super guarantee charge for the quarter. They still have to pay the remaining super guarantee charge.
Note: The super guarantee charge is not tax deductible.
Use our Super guarantee charge statement and calculator tool to work out the super guarantee charge and prepare the Superannuation guarantee charge statement – quarterly.
Important: The information contained in this post / article is not advice. Readers should not act solely on the basis of material contained in this post. Items herein are general comments only and do not constitute or convey advice per se. We recommend that our formal advice be sought before acting on anything contained in this post.