TNR wishes to express their deepest sympathies to those who have been affected by the recent floods. Our community has been absolutely devastated and a number of home and business owners are doing their best to salvage what they can, clean and take stock of the situation.
The incredible tenacity and warmth of the community has been demonstrated by the sheer number of people banding together to help where they can. Thank you to everyone who has helped to clean up, provide food or shelter, wash flood-soaked items and donate goods to those in need. A huge thank you as well to the Police, SES and Emergency Services personnel who have worked tirelessly through recent events and are continuing to work with us as we rebuild our community.
TNR is open for business and available to help our clients and the broader community wherever possible, especially in relation to any grants or financial assistance that may be available.
Below are some links to resources with further information:
- Lismore Chamber of Commerce – Flood Information Event for business owners
Thursday 6 April, 7.15am to 8.30am at Zest Function Room, Southern Cross University
Lismore Chamber of Commerce is bringing together a number of organisations and agencies to provide necessary information and support such as; Lismore City Council, SES, Department of Industry, Social Futures, Financial Counsellors and Centrelink.
- Natural Disaster Relief and Recovery Arrangements (NDRRA) are providing a range of financial assistance packages to local areas that have been affected.
- The ATO can provide special consideration for lodgements and payment arrangements for natural disaster areas.
- NSW DPI have set up a local team to assess the impact on local farmers. To report stock and crop losses and receive assistance their team can be contacted on 1300 795 299.
- A Facebook group ‘Lismore Helping Hands & After Flood Clean Up – Northern NSW’ has been set up to coordinate volunteers and people in need of assistance. https://www.facebook.com/groups/161370884384945/