The following are the important ATO dates for this month. As per ATO Dates – January 2023
- Lodge and pay quarter 2, 2022–23 PAYG instalment activity statement for head companies of consolidated groups.
- Lodge and pay December 2022 monthly business activity statement except for business clients with up to $10 million turnover who report GST monthly and lodge electronically.
- Make quarter 2, 2022–23 super guarantee contributions to funds by this date.
Employers who do not pay minimum super contributions for quarter 2 by this date must pay the super guarantee charge and lodge a Superannuation guarantee charge statement by 28 February 2023.
Note: The super guarantee charge is not tax deductible.
- Lodge TFN report for closely held trusts if any beneficiary quoted their TFN to a trustee in quarter 2, 2022–23.
- Lodge tax return for taxable large and medium entities as per the latest year lodged (all entities other than individuals), unless required earlier.
- Payment for large and medium entities with a 31 January due date is
- 1 December 2022 – for companies and super funds
- for trusts – as stated on their notice of assessment.
Note: You cannot request an agent assessed deferral from this date or assume a later date for lodgment on the basis that the taxpayer will be non-taxable in the current year.
- Lodge tax return for the taxable head company of a consolidated group (including a new registrant) that has a member who has been deemed a large or medium entity in the latest year lodged, unless the return was required earlier. Payment was due 1 December 2022.
Important: The information contained in this post / article is not advice. Readers should not act solely on the basis of material contained in this post. Items herein are general comments only and do not constitute or convey advice per se. We recommend that our formal advice be sought before acting on anything contained in this post.