The following are the important ATO dates for this month. As per ATO Dates – June 2023
- Lodge tax return for all entities with a lodgment due date of 15 May 2023 if the tax return is not required earlier and both of the following criteria are met:
- non-taxable or a credit assessment in latest year lodged
- non-taxable or receiving a credit assessment in the current year.
Note: This includes companies and super funds but excludes large and medium taxpayers and head companies of consolidated groups.
- Lodge tax returns due for individuals and trusts with a lodgment due date of 15 May 2023 provided they also pay any liability due by this date.
Note: This is not a lodgment due date but a concessional arrangement where failure to lodge on time (FTL) penalties will not apply if you lodge and pay by this date.
- Lodge and pay May 2023 monthly business activity statement.
- Lodge and pay 2023 Fringe benefits tax annual return for tax agents if lodging electronically.
- Super guarantee contributions must be paid by this date to qualify for a tax deduction in the 2022–23 financial year.
Note: If any of your clients receive Child Care Subsidy and Family Tax Benefit payments from Services Australia, the client and their partners must lodge their 2021–22 tax return by 30 June 2023, regardless of any deferrals in place. For more information see the Services Australia website.
Important: The information contained in this post / article is not advice. Readers should not act solely on the basis of material contained in this post. Items herein are general comments only and do not constitute or convey advice per se. We recommend that our formal advice be sought before acting on anything contained in this post.