JobKeeper payment enrolment
In summary, the JobKeeper Payment provides a wage subsidy to businesses impacted by Coronavirus. The Government will provide eligible employers with $1,500 per fortnight per employee to help them retain workers through this period.
We understand that during these unprecedented times you may require some additional assistance navigating the JobKeeper Payment eligibility requirements and enrolment process.
While for some businesses assessing eligibility will be relatively straightforward, there may be a substantial number where there will be issues to resolve. This includes determining the current and projected turnover and determining which employees (or self-employed individuals) are eligible for the JobKeeper payment. There may also be some circumstances where a business may seem not to qualify; however, there may be alternative eligibility criteria which provide the basis for applying. TNR can help you with this.
Please note: incorrectly claiming would leave the business with the obligation to repay the JobKeeper benefit received even though it has been paid to the employee. There also can be penalties for improperly obtaining JobKeeper benefits.
Enrolment for JobKeeper Payment opened on the 20 April 2020 and must be completed by 30 April 2020 to claim JobKeeper payments for the month of April.
To complete the process yourself, you will need a myGovID which has been linked to the ABN of the business in Relationship Authorisation Manager.
The ATO has detailed the application and enrolment process on their website which can be accessed below:
Alternatively, we are happy to assist you with completing the necessary enrolment and application forms.
We are here for you
Some of the ways we can help you navigate the JobKeeper Payment enrolment process include:
- Assistance with ascertaining employer eligibility for the JobKeeper Payment which may include:
- Preparation of calculation of aggregated turnover
- Preparation of calculation of GST-modified turnover
- Preparation of forecasted fall (or likely fall) in projected turnover
- Assistance with ascertaining employee eligibility for the JobKeeper Payment
- Checking employee status
- Checking timing of employment
- Visa considerations
- Preparation of enrolment and application form relying on client information
- Application of alternative eligibility requirements for start-ups or other entities where prior year period is not comparable
- Preparation and lodgment of monthly JobKeeper declaration report
If you would like our assistance, please do not hesitate to contact the TNR Team.
We will continue to keep you updated with further information on stimulus measures. For further updates, visit TNR’s COVID-19 Resource Centre to help you and your business in this challenging time.
The TNR Team
Important: The information contained in this post / article is not advice. Readers should not act solely on the basis of material contained in this post. Items herein are general comments only and do not constitute or convey advice per se. We recommend that our formal advice be sought before acting on anything contained in this post.